Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Muse

I don't know if every musician has a thing that acts as their muse, but I sure seem to. And this thing is my Composite Acoustics guitar. I guess it's just the way it makes me feel when I play it. I have several other guitars but none gets the flow of ideas out of me like this one. It could be my imagination but I think this guitar actually makes me a better player. I would have never guessed that a guitar that is made out of completely man-made materials could sound so good and feel so natural.
So even if I'm scoring a film or commercial where the primary instrument will be piano or some other instrument, I tend to work out most of the ideas on my guitar first. I'm kind of curious if any other composers work the same way. I'm currently working out some initial music ideas for the next film and I can hear the violin and cello parts within the guitar lines. Inspiration is such a weird, magical blessing.
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment